Hey Etane! You got your own site!

Home Forums Locker Room Chat Forum Hey Etane! You got your own site!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by alcsd alcsd 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    alcsd
    alcsd

I am so glad you started your own site. I will try to do my part to contribute to make this a good place to visit and for people to share information. Where is the PM button?

etane
    etane

Thanks for joining! Never had my own site before so learning as I go. Jeremy’s head is cut off at the header when viewing on my work computer…. arghh!! Will try to add PM feature.

alcsd
    alcsd

Yet his head is cut off. I wasn’t sure if you were serious about you starting your own site.

I am thinking of having a separate thread for CBA related information. I am not sure if you read what I wrote to liverlyve about calculating luxury tax, but I was wrong. I was going to post the correct info (I think within a couple of weeks after posting it) but didn’t feel like it. I might post the correct information there eventually.

etane
    etane

Creating this site gives me a new learning opportunity with site admin, content management and seo. So, here we are. I use a 50″ TV as monitor at home, so the text and image sizing might be throwing me off. Things to attempt to add to site this evening: PM, insert image toolbar… what else…

Certainly a concise description of how salary cap rules relevant to Jeremy’s situation would deserve a sticky. Myself, I never bothered to understand it until it became Jeremy relevant as some tools on the site decided to spread disinformation regarding Jeremy’s untradability vis a vis the poison pill.

I think as a site owner now that I should be tolerant to koolaid drinking to a certain extent as topic of discussion is merely entertainment in nature. However, I hope a more rigorous methodology of post reading and content generation could be followed at least relatively so.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by etane etane.
    alcsd
    alcsd

You still own a TV…a 50″ one…? I haven’t turn on the TV in the last 2 couple of years. In fact, it’s in the garage and about to be donated LOL.

I think PM is really important because there are things I would like to say, but can’t say it publicly.

The only reason I start posting for about a week, a couple of months ago was people were talking about Lin’s toxic contract and trade rumor. I couldn’t take the ignorant anymore so I started posting so people understand that his contract is not toxic. I didn’t bother to go further or debunk the misconception that Morey was unable to unload his contract. That is furthest from the truth. Anyone contract can be moved in the NBA except for beyond toxic Amare’s, but still can be moved after this year because it will be his last year and it’s called expiring contract.

etane
    etane

you’re without tv for the last couple of years? so, you actually use your free time wisely or do you blow it off on other time wasting endeavors like candy crush? i, on the other hand, spend way too much time watching anime online these past few years. otherwise, i really don’t use the TV for its intended purpose. it’s just a big computer monitor for me.

i added a lot of features to the site this evening including the PM feature. does it work for you? i think you should see the mail box in bottom left when you’re in dashboard mode.

i do feel there’s a concerted effort out there to smear lin’s reputation. the new kid on the job makes all the over paid executives look bad, so what else can the over paid executives do but to destroy the new kid? otherwise, the kid will soak up endorsement and air time market share. so, mouth pieces from reorters like stephen A to player agencies, nba insiders and hired guns who patrol the internet to protect their brand by shaping lin discussions negatively. the salary cap poison pill thing is one of many method in doing so.

certainly, i will not allow these types of people to take up bandwidth on my site. so, he who shall not be named will never have to be mentioned. and, hope solidz finds this site and hope he behaves or i have to ban him too haha.

alcsd
    alcsd

I can’t sleep so I was playing with the “edit” button so I took out a sentence and look what happened above this. I don’t know how the video got on it LOL. I didn’t include any link. All I did was took out a sentence and hit “submit” button. I am glad it a g rated youtube LOL. So the “edit” button needs to be fixed.

Online shopping is one of my hobbies so that takes up a lot of my free time. I live in the west coast and a spoiler so I watch get my shows on youtube after they are aired in the east.

etane
    etane

yes how in the world did the video get on there… revamped the site a bit.  it’s getting easier to do.

people do spend a lot of time shopping online particularly in november.  but, peoplel don’t usually call it a hobby ha!

do you consider your face reading as accurate?

I saw a few korean dramas last year on netflix.  a real time killer.  i don’t think i can start another series though.  the two i saw last year is good for 10 years for me.  one i saw is called spring waltz.  it’s actually pretty good but the plot is so artificially thickened.  it’s frustrating to watch but gotta finish to the end.

Lin could have had a break out year last year.  He’s definitely much improved over the season he had with the Knicks but just didn’t get the opportunity to shine.  I don’t think it will be any different this year.  I stopped watching the games last year around march.  why waste time watching lin get benched when i could be doing more productive things.

Solidz has always been funny though sometimes thick headed.  Overall, he’s a good guy and hope he makes it over here.  Don’t think the malice would have been present in him had the mod been doing his job.

alcsd
    alcsd

I want to add something to clear up what I said above so people don’t take it the wrong way.  I love gay men.  My stylist is semi-flaming and I love chatting with him. He is so funny and has more drama than me.

alcsd
    alcsd

I do consider my online shopping a semi-hobby because I hardly shop at a brick and mortar anymore and I do a lot of research.  My sister thinks I have an addiction LOL.

OJ Simpson’s lawyers hired a woman to help them select the 12 jurors (off course both the prostitution and defense teams had to approve the 12).  She became very famous after the trial.-

ube_ gen
    Keymaster

lol are you referring to my gay marriage comment to psalm that gay men are born gay?

didn’t occur to me that you were bashing anyone’s sexuality rather you’re bashing someone’s taste/style.

was your dad habitually wrong about your dates and was only over protective?

you say it’s not an exact science but there are rules of thumbs? and, is the reading about the overall person or just compatibility with particular others?

what’s this about OJ and prostitutes and defense? people OJ beat up in bed and on the football field?

alcsd
    alcsd

I just hate the fact that people are saying that gay can be cured.  There are some that on the curious or experimental side or whatever, but that is none of my business to judge people. My hairstylist told me he has struggled with it and hated it.  I can see his pain when he talked about it. We chat about everything and I wanted him to be my best friend because he is someone I can talk to for hours.

Sometimes words can be misconstrued so I don’t want to offense anyone especially on this sensitive topic.

My dad was very protective, but he didn’t tell me specifically about everyone. He only gave me hints that he didn’t like them.  He only told me about the one guy I was serious about.  After we broke it off, I realized my dad was right about everything he said to me about my ex.

Regarding OJ Simpson.

Here is an article that I think you will find it very fascinating regarding <span class=”st”>Jo-Ellan Dimitriu</span> .

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-620794.html

ube_ gen
    Keymaster

You can’t tell ube is etane? = P

I think it’s easier to determine whether someone is good or bad when they are someone else’s significant other but harder to do when they are your’s. At least I think we all end up with someone is different from how we envision them.

I recall a roommate who was also good at reading faces (among other weird things) and the thing that stuck out the most out of the things he said about reading faces is the wider a person’s upper lip is the higher their sex drive is. You think that’s true?

OJ was acquitted in the criminal trial but was convicted in the civil trial. If I remember correctly, an article I read way back then said it had something to do with the composition of the jury selection which was influenced by the location/county in which the trials were held in.

The jury’s race composition were entirely tilted one way or the other with the civil trial in santa monica being juried by mainly white jurors.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/18/us/jury-that-is-mostly-white-is-picked-for-o-j-simpson-civil-trial.html

alcsd
    alcsd

Sorry I didn’t get back earlier, I was trying to write the luxury tax calculation.  I did it on word doc and then cut and paste it, but after I hit the submit button, it was all in html format.  So I had to type the whole thing.  I had a couple of nice charts/tables, but took them out because I didn’t see a tool to allow me to include those. Could you delete the first post on that thread? After a few edits, it wouldn’t allow me to do it anymore. There are a lot more I need to write, but was too tired so I will continue later.

I didn’t look at the  “Keymaster”title, until an hour later:) And that was when I realized it was you.

I didn’t followed the civic trial.  At the time people thought at least one white juror would have convicted him or at least it will be a hung the first time around.

etane
    etane

what kind of charts and tables were they, jpeg? url? i can get it posted on there perhaps if it can be done.

ok i did something stupid. i tried to delete that first post in the luxury tax thread, but i ended up deleting the whole thread.

i did save a copy of the post, so I posted it under locker room -> basketball chat forum. so, you should go there and repost it so you take authorship. and, i can delete the post i made afterwards.

hey i don’t have a lot of experience with this blogging forum admin thing!

lol trusting on your gut feelings are one thing but acting on them is another!

OJ did look very evil on tv during that time. OTOH he looked very friendly doing those enterprise rental car commercials. OJ was the most fearsome football player during his time, right?

yah they didn’t use the jury counselor person for the civil trial only the criminal one. goes to show trial results are totally capable of being manipulated as long as you can afford the lawyers to dictate who the “peers” who will be judging you are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.