Good Ole Days

Home Forums Locker Room Chat Forum Good Ole Days

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by alcsd alcsd 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

ube_ gen
    Keymaster

Moved from site name.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  ube_ gen.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  ube_ gen.
    etane
    etane

You know I have to give credit to the mod on that site for keeping that site up for as long as he did since he started it way before linsanity happened. i wonder why participation there has died down. is it because that he switched over to disqus?

Speaking of CF, as you probably read in my latest blog post, my opinion of CF is changing gradually in a good way. I don’t go there often so am not familiar with the owner of that site but feel recent articles and general readership to be better educated.

oh what i did for a living doesn’t really have anything to do with writing if you’re referring to story writing. that was just a hobby of mine. my real work is much more boring. much much more boring haha.

And, thank you for your constructive compliments! I don’t plan on doing anything with the domain name for a while. This blog thing is just a hobby too. So, it’s not going to make or break me if people don’t find this site. However, I do stare at my google analytics quite a bit haha. it’s sort of like playing sim city trying to see whether one can mold a small city into a metropolis…

alcsd
    alcsd

CF was really bad.  It was Lin “hate zone.”   I understand people have the right to their opinion (and they should), but a lot of them were downright full of racist and hatred remarks. He doesn’t have to like Lin, but for someone who is a die hard Rockets fan like himself, you would think he wouldn’t tolerate some beyond ridiculous and racist comments  of any Rocket player.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by alcsd alcsd.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  ube_ gen.
    etane
    etane

Miss chatting it up with willy, johnly, kenoshi and others in the game threads.  It was just very chill joking around while making real time comments about the game.    Of course, hitler was never in the game threads as he’s always working during rocket games, so maybe that’s why the game threads worked so well.

I created the game forum specifically hoping those good ole times could be recreated.

Now that i don’t frequent the old site as much, my eyes are kind of opened in that the Jeremy Lin news and blogosphere (such as CF et al) is generally very positive about Jeremy Lin and the understanding of his value proposition has progressed tremendously.  On the contrary, it feels like the old site is less progressive compared to the rest of the internet in terms of this understanding.

Well, I guess with all the debates devolving into personal attacks, there’s very little opportunity for the forum to intake and digest new information.  Think whoever remains there are insular and prefer it that way.  Hey, it’s their lifestyle.  Can’t knock it so just gotta find your own thing right?

etane
    etane

Speaking of good ole days, remember this thread?  it was a lot of fun except for the witch hunt.

alcsd
    alcsd

I don’t think I am a true Lin fan, but more of a fan of an that “Asian man”.  I want an athletic and good looking Asian man to succeed so the perception of Asian men will change for the better.

alcsd
    alcsd

I must say I am guilty of not reading threads once they got too long.  I hate reloading.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by alcsd alcsd.
    etane
    etane

I believe his only internet access is his iphone.  That’s why he never made any comments on the forum after there’s over 200 comments made per post.  His phone couldn’t “load more”.  And, his phone probably couldn’t handle the free sites as they are flash intensive and probably can’t be viewed on iphones.  I am not sure which is more interesting either him claiming to know about the games when he didn’t watch any of them or the rest of his minions eating up everything he says when what he said were completely baseless.

Guess there’s also that difference where we are a bit different from that site in that we’re not fanatical Lin fans who must say only positive things about Lin.  This is why I created a forum called “obsessive fandom” specifically for those types of posts.  See, I thought of everything.

And, think blogger is a free or freemium platform, so there’s not a lot of flexibility as to what the site owner can do.  Whereas, I am using a “premium” solution for this blog, so it’s easier to manage things compared to free blog sites.

alcsd
    alcsd

Melo has a lot of flaws, but I don’t get the sense that he is evil.

I am not an “obsessive fandom” so I haven’t look into that yet.

etane
    etane

Good thing I am not drinking water when I read your post because I laughed out loud when I read your drinking water comment regarding JT.  I think he’s very symptomatic of the office politic type who try to control people by threatening to ruin their reputation.  Well, that’s his means but why would he do that?  The only commonality between KH and JT that I am aware of his they both feel victimized for being yellow in a predominantly white culture during about the same time frame back when racial stigmatism was more potent?  And, probably typical of those office politic types, he might think he can gain authority within the forum by placating to who he deems to be top dog?  But, I don’t understand why since it’s just a damn forum.  It’s not like his livelihood is at stake.

What you said about reading face/basket case reminds me of those people who claim to be able to see ghosts.  They have to pretend their are no ghosts around or people around them will think they are crazy.

Regarding where to posit this stuff, true it’s rather not “well” to speak of others when they are not here to defend themselves.  But, I created the “chat forum” specifically for the purpose of getting things off your chest, asking questions, shoot the shit what not so think this is the right place for it.

alcsd
    alcsd

Never mind.

etane
    etane

lol so how do I know a girl has positive gut feeling if I were to sit next to her at a function?

I recall a stand up comedy routine where the girl comedian said something to the effect of “a girl knows instantly whether you (the guy) will go to bed with her the first moment you guys meet.” Yes, think girls usually do have that vibe thingy. Not saying guys don’t have something similar but it’s less gut/vibe related as it is organ related.

And, isn’t it true that most fortune tellers don’t really have supernatural powers rather they have good instincts to pick up on body language and psychological cues? So, maybe reading faces is sorta like reading someone’s fortune. Similar, ain’t it?

Can’t say I am very good at picking out people’s vibes. Usually I am good at discerning people based on their actions. Think a lot of people make the wrong impression about me not based on things I do but just their heuristic or pneumonia, so I try not to do the same. However, in relationships, it’s rational to be irrational I guess.

alcsd
    alcsd

lol so how do I know a girl has positive gut feeling if I were to sit next to her at a function?

She doesn’t get up and leaves within a few seconds after you sat next to her.——That helps

If she doesn’t avoid you like a plaque if bumping into you or you bumping into her during the function—-that is a start

She is willing to engage in conversation with you—That is good,  but don’t read more into it, women have different reason(s) to engage in conversation.  Some are like social butterflies and will talk to anybody as long as she thinks he is not creepy.  Some might know you and likes your brother or your best friend so she is chatting with you to get in ins and outs of that person.  Some might want to make her date jealous because he is not attentive to her.  Some might be bored because she was dragged into attending the function by her friend/boss/sister…and you seem harmless.

alcsd
    alcsd

I like Lin, but I like one of these photos more.  I don’t know how to attach one of them as my avatar.  I like the the first and the last one the best.  I am thinking you should use the first one.  However the 3rd one (sunflowers) looks pretty too. Thanks.

http://swishost.com/summer-coconut-tree-relaxing-place.html

http://swishost.com/beautiful-nature-flower-wallpaper.html

http://swishost.com/sun-flower-nature-wallpaper.html

http://swishost.com/nature-flower-wallpaper.html

etane
    etane

lol no i am not using those as my avatars. I just added a plug in so that users can upload their own avatar in their profile. see if it works for you.

honestly in my own experience think females use their intuition way too much cuz they are wrong most of the time if not all the time. think most of their intuition is based off of their own insecurities. if they were more confident about themselves, they wouldn’t have to go guessing how this person or that person is.

regarding lin’s situation about not being tradable, the salary is just an excuse. if jackson were coaching today and he trades for lin and plays him like he did pippen or paxson, the rest of the league will accept asian ball players too. it’s a follow the leader thing. no one wants to be the first to do something different.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.