Speculations/Rumors

Home Forums Locker Room Basketball Chat Speculations/Rumors

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by etane etane 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alcsd
    alcsd

Morey doesn’t have anything that Portland wants.   I guess a trade is not likely going to happen between these two.

“I think [Aldridge] is going to be in Portland in the foreseeable future. I don’t know what leverage he has right now. He’s got two years left on his deal. A lot can change in two years in the NBA, a lot can change in one year. Listen, at the end of these two years, maybe as a free agent, he decides to leave, maybe Portland moves him at the trade deadline before he leaves, before he can leave.

“But I don’t see them… I just don’t think Neil Olshey will trade him for pennies on the dollar. If there’s a star attraction, if there’s a guy they can bring back, a guy to build around, of course they’ll do it, but I don’t know if LaMarcus Aldridge is commanding that kind of value out on the market right now. Certainly there are teams who want him, but what are they willing to give up?

“I think he’s going to be in Portland, certainly the team is going to be much improved this year. I think they have a chance to compete for the playoffs and, by the way, he’s got to play at a very high level for them to do that. I think he can want to be somewhere else but he can increase his value by playing really well for them this year. I think that will quiet down because Portland has not shopped him or put him out there, and I don’t think they’re going to do that.”

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/9/26/4774866/wojnarowski-expect-trade-rumors-around-blazers-f-lamarcus-aldridge-to

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230583/Aldridge-Happy-Remaining-With-Blazers-Encouraged-By-Roster

alcsd
    alcsd

“Magic chief executive officer Alex Martins told The Associated Press the Magic have not filed tampering charges with the NBA against any team for interference with Howard.

“Well there aren’t any tampering charges,” Martins told the AP. “What I would say to that is that Dwight is under contract with us and our rules in the league are very explicit about the fact when a player’s under contract with the team, other teams are not allowed to contact the player or player’s representative about them.”

“I read reports today of a meeting between Dwight Howard, his representatives and the New Jersey Nets which claimed, according to the story’s anonymous sources, that such a meeting violated the NBA’s tampering policies. This story is clearly inaccurate with respect to tampering claims and other facts. Tampering doesn’t apply once a team grants permission for a player and/or his representatives to make contact with another team. The Magic have given us permission to have contact with several teams in order for Dwight to explore his options. I most definitely had contact with the teams I was granted permission to speak with. Since we had permission to have contact with several teams the report of possible tampering is undeniably false.”

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7337505/orlando-magic-otis-smith-gave-permission-dwight-howard-agent-speak-new-jersey-nets

alcsd
    alcsd

With the way Lin is being used, he is being phased out and will be traded sometime this season. This is the reason why Pev gets to practice with the first team and that is to build chemistry and is not a ploy by Morey to build up his value.  However, when Lin is traded, Morey will want to get a veteran PG back.

alcsd
    alcsd

“Closer look reveals Rockets can’t fully hide James Harden’s defensive faults”—–MUST READ-Excellent article. Very good detailed analysis.  Very long article.

http://nba.si.com/2013/11/11/james-harden-defensive-faults-houston-rockets/

etane
    etane

in the how mchale landed his job post, you linked a thread from realgm.  which post are you highlighting?

And, in the Asik post, you might as well have posted that in blog.  The information is really good!  There is a post in the realgm thread you linked to which said the only reason why Twin Tower doesn’t work is because of Beverley which curiously is the same thing that Khuang said on jlin.net yesterday.  I don’t agree with it because Jeremy couldn’t make Twin Tower work either.  But, that post on realgm makes the point that Twin Tower does work even with a lesser talented and slower Greg Smith in place of Dwight Howard.  I keep going back to the March Clipper game (third paragraph in game four blog post)when the Twin Tower was born with Lin running the point.  It worked even with Greg Smith who is extremely low iq on defensive positioning.  So, the problem has to be Howard.  Howard is better at guarding people man on man than Greg.  But, Howard lacks the mental toughness to prevent the other team from getting second/third chance scoring opportunities off put backs.

alcsd
    alcsd
    etane
    etane

Another excellent article.  You’re on a roll!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.